5.28.2013

Memorial Weekend

 
(He humors me)
 
 
We had the best Memorial weekend we could've asked for. My boss gave me a four day weekend and it was just glorious. We drove up to my friend's lake house for the night and part of the day, which was so fun. There is nothing quite like being at the lake,  its just so beautiful, and we got to spend time with friends which was the best part. The rest of the weeked was spent visiting my parents and helping them get their house ready to sell! AH! It's crazy to think that they will be selling the house that I spent the longest portion of my childhood in. But I know its the right decision for them, and I am proud of them.

Husband worked really hard moving stuff with my dad while I tackled my old bedroom and all the old clothes. My mom and I are very similar, however when it comes to sorting through things we couldn't be more different. I am not very sentimental about old items, which makes me the perfect person to help you sort and pitch, whereas my mother is sentimental about nearly everything she, my father, or I have ever owned.

 
 
 
Mom made our favorite meals (salmon and flank steak anyone? mmmm), we went to see our town's baseball team play, played lots of cards, and saw the new movie about Jackie Robinson. '42' was so well done in my opinion!  (my Dad who sleeps in nearly every movie didn't even drop off once!) 








0 comments: